Let's Get Talking in the EYFS - EARLY EXCELLENCE Partnership Event at Dorking Nursery School - Thurs 9 May 2024. Click on the arrow to book directly through Early Education
Thursday, May 9, 2024 - 9:30am to Friday, May 10, 2024 - 3:30pm
About this event
Let's Get Talking in the EYFS
We are delighted to be working in partnership with Early Excellence to offer a full day of training for your EYFS team.
This full day of training will draw on the latest research findings and explore the key steps involved in early language development, consider the processes involved in holding a ‘conversation’, vocabulary enrichment and explore how we can successfully support quality talk within provision.
Over the course of the day we will cover:
- Stages of Development for Speech, Language and Communication - Deepening understanding of the typical stages of development from birth to five years of age and distinguish between speech, language and communication;
- The impact of the Learning Environment - Understand the impact of the learning environment on children’s language and communication;
- Action Planning for Practice and Provision - Reflect on potential changes to practice and provision which will best support the development of children’s speech, language and communication.
- Explore the key features of an enabling, language rich environment allowing children to successfully follow their own interests;
- Form strategies to extend children’s thinking, language and communication skills through careful planning, resourcing and teaching within provision;
- Reflect and evaluate current EYFS provision and begin to formulate plans to move forward.
EYFS leaders, teachers and support staff
PLEASE NOTE - refreshments are available throughout the day, but NO LUNCH IS PROVIDED - please ensure you bring a packed lunch to the course.
Booking is directly through Early Excellence - click on this link to book or visit the Early Excellence website
Trainer(s): Clare King
Clare is a highly accomplished teacher and leader who has been at the forefront of school improvement and leadership in both Kent and Cambridgeshire. She has held senior roles including Head of Early Years and Children’s Centre Strategic Manager as well as Assistant and Deputy Headteacher and Acting Headteacher. She has worked with Local Authorities, MAT’s and schools using her passion and Early Years specialism to drive school improvement and pupil outcomes. Clare is a highly regarded leader in school improvement, curriculum development and high quality learning environments with proven knowledge of early childhood development 3-7yrs.