Makaton Level 1 one-day Workshop
Thursday, July 7, 2022 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
Book via Booking Form
About this event
Makaton is a fun and inclusive way for adults and children of all abilities to interact, socialise and express themselves with confidence independently. Makaton is for everyone who interacts with others in their community.
This Level 1 training is the starting point for learning Makaton. It is recommended for:
- parents, family members, carers and workers who need to use Makaton at home and in their work
- participants who need a more detailed knowledge about using and applying Makaton to develop the communication skills of others
Content of the day
- Level 1 training provides a practical introduction to the Makaton Language Programme
- Sessions include discussing commonly asked questions, hints and tips for effective signing and symbol use and how to start using Makaton in everyday situations at home or work
- You will also learn the signs and symbols from Stages 1 and 2, and some of the Additional stage, of the Core Vocabulary
We plan to run the follow-up Level 2 training session in the Autumn term.
Level 1 training is made up of two modules during the day (7 hours). The course starts promptly at 9.00am with registration from 8.30am.
Participants must have an interest in early communication skills.
Trainer(s): Stella Rogers
The workshop is delivered by Stella Rogers, a Qualified Makaton Tutor with over 10 years of experience working with children and adults with communication needs. She has worked in schools, colleges & nursery settings as well as community groups and projects in the London area. Stella offers Level 1 and Level 2 Makaton training for individuals, families, educators, health & social care professionals and anyone else who wishes to learn!