Makaton Level 2 one-day Workshop
Thursday, October 6, 2022 - 9:00am to 5:00pm
Book via Booking Form
About this event
Makaton is a fun and inclusive way for adults and children of all abilities to interact, socialise and express themselves with confidence independently. Makaton is for everyone who interacts with others in their community.
This Level 2 training continues your journey for learning Makaton. It is recommended for:
- parents, family members, carers and workers who need to use Makaton at home and in their work
- participants who need a more detailed knowledge about using and applying Makaton to develop the communication skills of others
Content of the day
- Level 2 training provides a practical revision of the Makaton signs learnt in Level 1, along with an insight into the history of the Makaton Language Program and its journey
- Sessions include discussing commonly asked questions, how to use symbols effectively, developing signing skills and how to start using Makaton fluently in everyday situations at home or work
- You will also learn the signs and symbols from Stages 3 and 4, and some of the Additional stage, of the Core Vocabulary
Level 2 training is made up of two modules during the day (7 hours). The course starts promptly at 9.00am with registration from 8.30am.
- Participants must have completed Makaton Level 1 previously before attending this course. Please confirm your attendance by bringing your Level 1 certificate to the workshop or emailing when booking
- It is advised that participants revise all Level 1 signs before the workshop
Trainer(s): Stella Davis
The workshop is delivered by Stella Rogers, a Qualified Makaton Tutor with over 10 years of experience working with children and adults with communication needs. She has worked in schools, colleges & nursery settings as well as community groups and projects in the London area. Stella offers Level 1 and Level 2 Makaton training for individuals, families, educators, health & social care professionals and anyone else who wishes to learn!