Makaton Level 2 Workshop - Fri 8 March 2024
Friday, March 8, 2024 - 9:00am to 4:00pm
Book via Booking Form
About this event
Makaton is a fun and inclusive way for adults and children of all abilities to interact, socialise and express themselves with confidence independently. Makaton is for everyone who interacts with others in their community.
This Level 2 training continues your journey for learning Makaton. It is recommended for:
- parents, family members, carers and workers who need to use Makaton at home and in their work;
- participants who need a more detailed knowledge about using and applying Makaton to develop the communication skills of others
Content of the day:
- Level 2 training provides a practical revision of the Makaton signs learnt in Level 1, along with an insight into the history of the Makaton Language Program and its journey;
- Sessions include discussing commonly asked questions, how to use symbols effectively, developing signing skills and how to start using Makaton fluently in everyday situations at home or work;
- You will also learn the signs and symbols from Stages 3 and 4, and some of the Additional stage, of the Core Vocabulary
Level 2 training is made up of two modules during the day (7 hours). The course starts promptly at 9.00am with registration from 8.30am. Please note end time is now 4pm.
- Participants must have completed Makaton Level 1 previously before attending this course. Please confirm your attendance by bringing your Level 1 certificate to the workshop or emailing when booking.
- It is advised that participants revise all Level 1 signs before the workshop
We are also running the Level 1 training on Fri 9 Feb - cost is £90 per course or a reduced price of £170 if you book both the Makaton Level 1 & Level 2 courses. This includes the cost of the manuals. PLEASE NOTE LUNCH IS NOT PROVIDED - PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN.
Trainer(s): Stella Rogers
The workshop is delivered by Stella Rogers, a Qualified Makaton Tutor with over 10 years of experience working with children and adults with communication needs. She has worked in schools, colleges & nursery settings as well as community groups and projects in the London area. Stella offers Level 1 and Level 2 Makaton training for individuals, families, educators, health & social care professionals and anyone else who wishes to learn!