Children's Centre Consultation - help us to help you!
Our Children's Centre serves as a vital hub for families across the Dorking and surrounding area, providing support to families pre- and post- birth up to the age of five. The range of services provided: from baby groups, Stay and Play sessions, parenting classes, health clinics and outreach. The Governing Body at Dorking Nursery School and Children's Centre are committed to the service the Children's Centre provides.
Due to significant financial pressures that Surrey are facing, they are consulting the public about a range of proposals to drastically change the offer for families in the area. We need your help to ensure that the service we can provide for all families in Mole Valley is the very best!
The consultation is a fairly large document of approximately 25 pages, therefore we urge you to read the proposals carefully before you respond and consider the implications of the proposals being made in our area before doing so. It lists that in Mole Valley, the main CC site will be on our Goodwyns Road site, with some services run from our West Street site, however, the CC site currently at Leatherhead Trinity will close.
Along with additional financial pressures and constraints, this will result in a smaller Children's Centre team having more families to support across the whole of Mole Valley. It will mean that CCs will not be able to run the same amount of universal services (ie services for any family to attend) as we will have to focus our resources on those who need it more. We will be holding two open sessions to support families who want to find out more and talk through the implications of the proposals before responding
Find out more...
For more information about the impact this will have on services locally, please come to one of the following drop in sessions:-
- Monday 19th November 1pm - 2pm - West Street site, Dorking, RH4 1BY
- Tuesday 20th November 11am - 12pm - Goodwyns Road site, Dorking, RH4 2LR
- Monday 26th November 10am - 11am - Aperdale Road site, Leatherhead, KT22 7QT
- Wednesday 28th November 10am - 11am - Aperdale Road site, Leatherhead, KT22 7QT
Visit the Mole Valley drop-in session to make your views known - Friday 30th November 1pm - 3pm at the Leatherhead Institute, KT22 8AW
What to do next...
- Please ask us about what we think the impact will be before filling in the consultation online
- Read our 'At a glance' to give you an insight into what the future offer for the CC might be - read here
- Read our summary sheet to help you formulate your answers before completing the consultation - download here
- Read the latest article in the Dorking Advertiser/Get Surrey - Dorking Children's Centre bursting at the seams!
- Listen to Helen Sutherland, our Children's Centre Manager talking on BBC Radio Surrey - listen here (from approx 1 hour 15 mins into the show)
- Listen to Donna Harwood-Duffy, our Headteacher, talking on Radio Jackie - listen here (from approx 1 min 54 seconds into the show)
- Write to your MP - use the template to adapt and write to your MP (by post or email- download the letter
Finally, and only when you have completed the steps above, visit the Surrey website to complete the consultation feedback before 4th January 2019.